In 2016 after a decade in general civil law, Jack De La Piedra founded the De La Piedra Law Firm, P.A., in order to focus exclusively on the representation of loved ones who have suffered serious injuries or death in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
The firm is paperless, which means that every case is organized and stored electronically in an encrypted, cloud-based environment. This level of efficiency means that Jack and his staff can access the entire law practice from a cell phone, if need be.
The firm is also uber-organized, which makes it a cinch to find and revise existing pleadings and memoranda, for example, so that only successful arguments and strategies are saved for later use and unsuccessful ones are immediately discarded. This is one way the firm stays ahead of the curve.
The firm is built on the notion that change is stability. Jack is a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, WY. The Trial Lawyers College hosts an invitation-only, 138-hour course focused on every aspect of trial advocacy from jury selection to closing argument according to the unique approach of its founder, Gerry Spence, who is widely considered America’s winningest trial attorney. Jack’s experience at the Trial Lawyers College resulted in dramatic changes in his approach to trial advocacy, changes that translate to unique advantages for his clients.
Jack and his wife, Katy, live on Pensacola Beach and have three fantastic children together. When not working, Jack enjoys a good conversation or game of chess, both of which require at least one good listener.
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Graduate, 2015
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Drury University, B.A., 1999
- American Mensa
- Disabled American Veterans
- Humane Society of the US
- US Chess Federation
- American Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Since 2013
- Superb Rated, Avvo